Healing the Habits that Bind – YoR 7-day Training
Sessions 8:15am-6pm each day
Yoga of Recovery is the first comprehensive course to combine Ayurveda and Yoga with traditional recovery tools to offer a more holistic mind, body, spirit approach to addictions, eating disorders, and self-destructive behaviors. This course brings the Western approaches (neuroscience and 12 Steps) and the Eastern approaches (Yoga and Ayurveda) together in a truly empowering approach. It is the evolution of the solution.
Upon completion of this course you will:
Have the skills to introduce the healing potential of the holistic sciences of Ayurveda and Yoga into your own life and those of your students and clients.
Be uniquely qualified and more confident to teach yoga in rehabs or to people in recovery from any addiction.
Be prepared to assess the root of your clients’ problems and the holistic treatment approach.
Yoga or other Health Professionals must take all 7 days to receive certification and/or Elective Course credit.
Day 1 – Retreat and Course
- Opening introductions and sankalpa
- The Roots of our Addictive Personalities/behaviors (6 Tenets of YoR)
- Gunas Questionnaire
- Struggling and stuck in a rut to release and stability (Gunas – down and out of addiction)
- Doshas Questionnaire
- Chronic stress response – your stress signature (Gunas and Doshas – Restless, Irritable, Discontent – Hospitals, Jail & Institutions to Happy, Joyous and Free)
- Emotional Regulation through simple sense self soothing techniques (Life is Sweet – Sweet self care suggestions)
- Check in
- Discuss how and where we offer YoR in our communities
- Cause of disease from holistic perspective
- Digestion & Emotions – gut, heart, brain
- Bhakti Yoga soothing emotional turmoil and loneliness
- Karma Yoga – Love in action
- Students present suggestions for group workshops on Roots of our Addictive Behaviors
- Raja Yoga and Jnana Yoga – the healing ripple of sustained self care and recovery
- Students present suggestions for group workshops on the evolutionary perspective on emotional sobriety
- Students present suggestions for group workshops on the evolutionary regulation from the behavioral health care suggestions of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Facilitating community conversations about the problem and the solution
Each Day will also include: Hatha yoga, group meditation & discussions