- Jun 03 - 15 2021
- All Day
Basics of Ayurveda
For everyone, especially Yoga teachers, therapists, and health professionals
Basics of Yoga and Ayurveda – Online provides a holistic model of Yoga therapy based upon Ayurveda, the medical aspect of the Yoga tradition.
Modern practitioners have tried to create therapies based on Yoga, but, until now, these therapies have not included Ayurveda or were restricted to asana (postures) only. Such models are limited, as they do not reflect the complete Yoga tradition or the Ayurvedic components of Yoga philosophy and psychology.
Yoga and Ayurveda are sister sciences for healing and transformation throughout all levels of our being: Ayurveda focuses on the treatment (chikitsa) of the body and mind, while the goal of Yoga is self-development and realization.
Ayurveda is recognized as one of the most important systems of mind-body medicine, and its popularity is spreading in the west. This foundational online course will introduce you to Ayurvedic concepts and language.
Topics of study include:
- Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Fundamental Ayurvedic qualities of the universe: three gunas, five elements, three doshas, twenty qualities, five sub-doshas, and three subtle doshas: prana, tejas, and ojas
- Digestion (agni) and elimination (mala)
- Constitutional examination and mental nature
The weekend workshop, Intro to Ayurveda – Online on June 3–6, 2021, is part of this course. If circumstances prevent you from taking the entire course, you have the option to register for the weekend workshop.
Live sessions with Durga Leela on:
- Weekdays (Mon.–Fri. except Wed. 6/9) at 6–9 pm
- Weekends (Sat. and Sun.) at 11:30 am–2:30 pm and 4–7 pm
- Q&A session/reunion on Wednesday, August 11 at 7–9 pm
Sessions in eastern standard time (EST).
You will have access to the video recordings for 12 months after the program ends, until August 11, 2022.
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm ET, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talks with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
The course is designed for students of all kinds. There is no required medical background for those wishing to take the course. You may already have a background in Yoga, such as gained by graduates of our TT or some kind of previous Yoga training.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 50 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 50 hours towards RYT 500 designation.
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist.
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please email email@example.com for details.
Attendance: Attendance is required for at least 50% of the live sessions for certification.
Durga Leela is a treasure. She’s one of the best instructors I’ve ever had. — Past Participant
The teacher’s knowledge and generosity were outstanding. — Pat Ramirez
Durga is a true example and knowledgeable. She Rocks! — Kathleen, 27 years recovery, Ph.D. Psychology
Thank you Durga for sharing so much information in such a short time! — Maheshwari