In addition to Yoga of Recovery, Durga offers various other trainings throughout the year, these include:
Bahamas: April 15 – 24, 2018 with Swami Hridyananda
Gain a fundamental understanding of Ayurveda as the health-care component of the yoga tradition. Learn how yoga and Ayurveda can guide you toward balance through daily health regimens and lifestyle recommendations based on Ayurvedic constitutional principles. Learn Ayurveda philosophy, the three gunas, the three doshas, constitutional examination, digestion, spices for digestion and elimination, Ayurvedic daily routines, and self-healing with the four paths of yoga.
This program prepares a wellness practitioner to begin to recognize Ayurvedic constitutional types and guide people through daily health regimen and lifestyle recommendations. The course manuals are derived from David Frawley’s correspondence courses of the American Institute of Vedic Studies (AIVS). The certificate awarded comes jointly from Sivananda and AIVS. Many take this course to add in-person immersion learning, sadhana, and prana to their study of the AIVS Ayurvedic Healing Course.
If you are a yoga teacher, this course will help you be more connected to the deeper healing of the sister sciences of yoga and Ayurveda, both for yourself and others. It is also helpful for those who are interested in Ayurveda, but may not want to become Ayurvedic Clinical Practitioners themselves, such as yoga teachers, herbalists, and bodywork practitioners.
To promote integral health, to reduce stress, to restore balance and a sense of purpose in one’s life. empower individuals with classical Yoga tools and Self-knowledge. This is a two-year, 800-hour Yoga Health Educator Training. The next Training will begin in October 2018, apply now. See Schedule for Durga’s SYHET teaching dates in 2018 in both Vietnam and California.
The goal of the Vedic Counseling course is to help serious Yoga Teachers, Ayurvedic practitioners, and Vedic Science practitioners to acquire additional, practical skills to help their students or clients on the path of positive living, high thinking, and self-realization. The Sivananda Yoga Farm in Grass Valley, California, USA, has for many years been the leading forum for the teaching of the vedic sciences:
- Jyotish/Vedic Astrology (Science of time)
- Ayurveda (Science of healing)
- Tantra (universal energy patterms including mantra, yantra, and sacred mythology)
- Vastu (science of space and place)
This comprehensive program comprises 350 hours of residential study and is offered in 6 modules of 5 days each (except the first module which is 10 days) with expert teachers in these vedic fields (Swami Sitaramananda, Komilla Sutton, Durga Leela, Niranjan Babu, Olga Mandodari, Swami Vashistananda, Swami Jnaneswariananda, Swami Dharmananda, Swami Sivasankariananda)
The study will be spread in a one and a half year span.
- July 9 – 18, 2018 – Sw. Sitaramananda, Sw. Dharmananda, Komilla Sutton, Durga Leela, Niranjan Babu, Sw. Vasishta, Sw. Sivasankari
- Sep. 1 – 5, 2018 – Durga Leela, Sw. Vasishta, Sw. Sivasankari
- Nov. 16 – 20, 2018 – Sw. Sitaramananda, Sw. Jnana, Sw. Vasishta, Sw. Sivasankari
- June 21 – 25, 2019 – Sw. Sitaramananda, Sw. Jnana, Komilla Sutton
- Aug. 2 – 6, 2019 – Sw. Jnana, Sw. Dharma, Komilla Sutton, Durga Leela
- Nov. 11 – 15, 2019 – Sw. Sitaramananda, Durga Leela, Olga Mandodari, Sw. Vasishta, Sw. Sivasankari
See Schedule for Durga’s SYHET specific teaching dates in 2018/19 in California.