Enroll Today: 352-685-3001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition: Early Bird $1495 by 8 Sep 2017; thereafter $1695 (includes accommodation and meals);
Registration is from 1-4pm on Oct. 6, 2017. Program starts at 4PM on Oct. 6. Program ends at 12:30pm on October 15, 2017.
Yoga of Recovery: Addressing the Root Cause of Addictive Tendencies
Yoga of Recovery invites us to undertake heartfelt self-reflection around our various addictive processes and guide us on how to utilize the many healing aspects of the vedic sciences in the recovery process.
We’ll look at our own story – to trace the roots of our addictive behaviors. This approach appeals to all types of people … those in long-term recovery, those reluctant to call themselves an ‘addict’, those who prefer secular self-help programs over the 12-steps, those who are not sure they have ‘addiction’ but know they need help with some aspect of their life, those who ‘do’ yoga, those who ‘can’t do yoga” – EVERYONE!
Let’s change our story from one of suffering to one of healing – making use of yogic practices that appeal to our emotional temperament – physical practice, devotional practices, self enquiry techniques, psychology and philosophy. You’ll also love the Ayurvedic tools – the science of self healing, helping us to EMBODY our recovery : )
- Daily practice of Amrit Yoga and/or Amrit Method of Yoga Nidra
- The Roots of our Addictive Personalities/behaviors (6 Tenets of YoR
- Chronic stress response – your stress signature (Gunas and Doshas – Restless, Irritable, Discontent – Hospitals, Jail & Institutions to Happy, Joyous and Free)
- Emotional Regulation through simple sense self soothing techniques (Life is Sweet – Sattvic sweet self care suggestions)
- Cause of disease from holistic perspective
- Facilitating community conversations about the problem and the solution